Streusel Topped Pear And Blueberry Pie
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter - (1 stick) chilled, and cut into 1/2" pieces
- 3 tablespoons ice water or more if needed
- 2 pounds firm but ripe pears - (abt 5 med) peeled, cored, and cut into 3/4" pieces
- 9 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 1/4 cups frozen blueberries
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Walnut-Streusel Topping (see recipe)
For Crust: Blend all-purpose flour, sugar and salt in processor. Add chilled butter pieces and cut in using on/off turns until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add 3 tablespoons ice water and process until moist clumps form, adding more ice water by teaspoonfuls if dough is dry. Gather dough into ball; flatten into disk. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate 30 minutes. (Can be prepared 2 days ahead. Keep refrigerated. Let soften slightly at room temperature before rolling out.)
Roll out dough on lightly floured surface to 12-inch round. Transfer to 9-inch-diameter glass pie dish. Fold edges under, forming high-standing rim 3/4 inch above dish sides; crimp edges decoratively. Freeze crust 25 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake crust until light golden brown, about 30 minutes. Cool while preparing filling. Maintain oven temperature.
For Filling: Combine pear pieces, 3 tablespoons sugar, 2 tablespoons orange juice and salt in large nonstick skillet. Cook over medium heat until pears are tender but still hold their shape, stirring often, about 6 minutes. Transfer pear mixture to large bowl; cool to room temperature.
Add blueberries, flour and remaining 6 tablespoons sugar to pears; toss gently to blend. Transfer filling to cooled pie crust, mounding filling slightly in center. Sprinkle with Walnut-Streusel Topping. Bake pie until juices bubble thickly, fruit is tender and streusel topping is golden brown, about 1 hour 5 minutes. Cool pie on rack until lukewarm. Cut pie into wedges and serve.
This recipe yields 8 servings.
You'll also love
- Strawberry Souffle With Sliced... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spicy Shrimp Wrapped In Snow Peas 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spiced Apple Napoleons With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sausage Patties With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pear And Sweet Wine Gelatin... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Blueberry Compote 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Oven-Poached Pears With Lemon,... 0/5 (0 Votes)