Kiwi-Cream Cheese Tart
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter - (3/4 stick) chilled, and cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1 tablespoon ice water or more if needed
- 3/4 cup dry-roasted lightly-salted macadamia nuts chopped
- 1 package cream cheese - (8 oz) room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 2/3 cup chilled whipping cream
- 5 ripe kiwis peeled, and cut into 1/4"-thick rounds
For crust: Blend flour, sugar and salt in processor. Add butter. Using on/off turns, process until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add 1 tablespoon ice water and blend until moist clumps form. Add more water by teaspoonfuls if dough is dry.
Transfer dough to floured surface. Gently knead nuts into dough. Press dough onto bottom and up sides of 9-inch-diameter tart pan with removable bottom. Freeze crust 20 minutes.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line crust with foil; fill with dried beans or pie weights. Bake crust until sides begin to set, about 15 minutes. Remove foil and beans. Bake crust until cooked through and pale golden, piercing with fork if crust bubbles, about 10 minutes longer. Cool crust completely.
For filling: Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar, lime juice and lime peel in large bowl until smooth and fluffy. Beat whipping cream in medium bowl until firm peaks form. Fold into cream cheese mixture. Spoon filling into crust; smooth top with knife. Refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours.
Arrange kiwis in concentric circles atop filling, overlapping slightly. (Can be prepared up to 4 hours ahead. Cover with plastic and refrigerate.) Cut tart into wedges and serve.
This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.