Classic Corned Beef and Cabbage
Corned beef and cabbage is a traditional Irish dish perfect for celebrating St. Patty's Day, or as a hearty meal for your family.
- 1 (3- to 3-1/2-pound) corned beef brisket with pickling spices
- 8 cups water
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 green cabbage, cut into 2-inch wedges
Cooking time 200mins
Adapted from mrfood.com
In a large Dutch oven over high heat, bring corned beef with pickling spices and water to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 2-1/2 hours, or until almost fork-tender.
Add potatoes, carrots, and cabbage to corned beef and continue cooking, covered, 25 to 30 minutes, or until vegetables and corned beef are fork-tender.
Place corned beef on a cutting board and slice across the grain. Serve with vegetables.
You'll also love
- Hummus Pizza With Caramelized... 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Szechuan Bok Choy 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Cellophane noodles with ground pork 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Three-Cheese Beef Pasta Shells 4.2/5 (46 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Corn Chowder 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- BAKED ACORN SQUASH WITH BROWN... 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Crock Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- NANA'S GOLABKI (POLISH STUFFED... 4.4/5 (18 Votes)