NANA'S GOLABKI (POLISH STUFFED CABBAGE)
- 12 to 14 about 12 to 14 cabbage leaves
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef (lean)
- 3/4 c cooked white rice
- 1 large onion chopped fine
- 1/4 to 1/2 c italian bread crumbs
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- garlic powder (we love garlic so i use alot)
- granulated onion or onion powder (to taste)
- 1 egg
- 4 cans tomato soup (i use campbells)
- parmesian cheese grated
1. Put cabbage leaves in a shallow pan and cover with boiling water, allow to soak in water just until leaves are tender
2. In a large bowl mix all ingredients except cabbage leaves, parmesian cheese and tomato soup until mixed well.
3. Using clean hands form meat mixture into oblong rolls and place each one on top of cabbage leaf. (seam side facing down) Over lap sides and ends of leaves over meat, tucking in edges to secure.
4. In a baking pan, pour tomato soup plus 1/2 can water for each can of soup. stir to mix water in completely. Add salt pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and parmesian cheese to soup and stir till mixed in.
5. Arrange stuffed cabbage rolls in baking pan with the folded side down. Sprinkle with additional parmesian
6. Cover and bake in 350 preheated oven for about an hour and half or until cooked thru (depends on size of rolls you made)
7. Serve with my garlic mashed potatoes, using the tomato soup sauce as a gravy. Yum soooooooooooo delish!
You'll also love
- Lemon Drop Jello Shots 3.9/5 (66 Votes)
- Balsamic BBQ Sauce for Chicken,... 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- ORANGE CREAM FUDGE 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Carrot Patch Brownies 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Holiday Brunch Torte 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Luck o' the Irish Corned Beef &... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Polish Sausage Potato Soup 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Paczki (Polish Donuts) 5/5 (1 Votes)