Cellophane noodles with ground pork
- 8 ounces mung bean thread noodles
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (or gluten-free tamari sauce)
- 4 teaspoons Shaoxing rice wine or dry sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Pinch sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 coin-sized slices peeled ginger, 1/8-inch thick
- 3 scallions, roots trimmed
- 4 tablespoons Tianjin preserved vegetable (see note above, optional)
- 1 tablespoon chili bean sauce or Szechuan chili paste (optional; I use chili oil made by Laoganma — a chili bean sauce made with peanuts)
- 1 cup frozen petite green peas
- For The Sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce (or gluten-free tamari sauce)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Preparation time 35mins
Cooking time 10mins
Soak the bean thread noodles in cool water. They'll soften in 15 to 20 minutes. Season the ground pork with the soy sauce or tamari, the rice wine, the sesame oil and a pinch of white sugar. Toss thoroughly. Mince the garlic cloves and ginger and roughly chop the Tianjin preserved vegetable if using. Halve the scallions lengthwise and chop finely, keeping the white parts and green parts separate. Drain the noodles.
Combine the ingredients for the sauce and mix together well.
Place a wok over high heat and swirl in 1 tablespoon of the oil. Add the scallion whites and marinated pork and stir-fry until lightly browned. Don't worry about going for a deep brown crust. Lift out of the wok with a slotted spoon and set aside.
Over low-medium heat, refresh the wok with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Add the ginger, garlic, preserved vegetable and chili bean sauce. Let the flavors mingle for a minute or two. Raise the heat to high and add the drained noodles. Toss the noodles thoroughly with the oil and aromatics, then add the sauce. Once the noodles have absorbed the sauce (this will happen quickly), add the reserved pork.
Finally, toss in the scallion greens and frozen peas. Stir-fry just until the peas have thawed and serve.
You'll also love
- Spicy Pumpkin Bisque 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Frozen Strawberry dessert w/alcohol 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Make Ahead Turkey Thanksgiving... 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Three-Cheese Beef Pasta Shells 4.2/5 (50 Votes)
- French-Style Pot-Roasted Pork Loin 3.9/5 (38 Votes)
- Chicken & Bacon Pasta with Spinach... 4.1/5 (51 Votes)
- Asian Noodle Salad (Pioneer Woman) 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Shrimp & Shiitake Stir-Fry with... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)