Pork Cutlets With Figs And Balsamic Vinegar
- 8 slices center-cut pork loin, 1/3"-thick
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup canned low-salt chicken broth
- 6 fresh ripe figs quartered
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 4 pork slices and sauté until brown, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer pork to baking sheet. Add remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil to skillet. Repeat with remaining 4 pork slices. Transfer pork to oven to keep warm.
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and sauté until tender, about 2 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons vinegar. Simmer until vinegar evaporates, scraping up any browned bits on bottom of skillet, about 1 minute. Add chicken broth. Simmer until mixture is reduced by half, about 4 minutes. Add figs and whipping cream. Simmer until sauce thickens slightly, about 4 minutes. Add remaining 1 tablespoon vinegar and any accumulated juices from pork. Simmer until sauce thickens enough to coat spoon, about 2 minutes longer. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
Arrange pork on plates. Spoon sauce over. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Pear And Sweet Wine Gelatin... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Old-Fashioned Carrot Cake With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Low-Fat Mango Flan With Orange And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lamb Shanks With Potatoes,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spiced Roast Beef And Vegetables 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fig And Raspberry Galette 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crostini With Gorgonzola And Figs 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Beans With Mustard And Bacon 0/5 (0 Votes)