This fig jam may become your jam.
- 2 quarts chopped organic figs
- Boiling water
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup organic lemon juice and zest of one lemon
Cooking time 70mins
Have water canning bath ready with near boiling water, jars and lids sanitized and kept in hot water.
To prepare chopped figs, pour boiling water over figs. Let stand 10 minutes, drain, stem, and chop. Place in a large pot.
Add ¾ cup water figs, bring to boiling. Cook rapidly until thick. Stir often to prevent sticking and burning. Add lemon juice and cook another minute.
Pour, boiling hot, into hot jars. Leave ¼-inch head space. Adjust caps and lower into canning pot. Process 15 minutes in boiling water bath. Remove and set on a towel lined countertop. Let cool completely. Check seals, re-process if need be or place in refrigerator to use immediately. Wipe sealed jars, remove rings and put up.
* You can also puree the jam before ladling into jars if you want a not-so chunky version.
** If you don't want to can this jam: make a half-batch following steps 2 and 3 above, ladle into jars, let cool to room temperature, place lids on, and store in fridge.
You'll also love
- Fishbowl Punch 4.3/5 (90 Votes)
- Pull-Apart Garlic Rolls 4.5/5 (68 Votes)
- Unstuffed Cabbage 4.5/5 (70 Votes)
- 1-Point Banana Bread 4.2/5 (98 Votes)
- Berry Sorbet - Paleo Friendly 4.5/5 (65 Votes)
Review this recipe