Never Fail Scalloped Potatoes
Pure potato-cheesy deliciousness! These Never Fail Scalloped Potatoes will not let you down.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 tablespoons pepper
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 3/4 pounds potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (about 5 medium)
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
In a small nonstick skillet, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 mins or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until blended.
Place half of the potatoes in a 1 1/2 qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray; layer with half of the onion and cheese sauce. Repeat layers.
Cover and bake at 350° for 50 mins. Uncover; bake 10-15 mins longer or until bubbly and potatoes are tender.
You'll also love
- Applebee's Hot Artichoke and... 4.4/5 (35 Votes)
- Mustard Maple Glazed Pork Chops 4.4/5 (34 Votes)
- Lemon Melting Moments 4.4/5 (37 Votes)
- Sriracha Shrimp Skewers 4.4/5 (33 Votes)
- Ginger Ale Glazed Carrots 4.4/5 (31 Votes)
- Crab Imperial 4.4/5 (36 Votes)
- leftover ham and potato casserole 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Mom's Mashed Potatoes 4.7/5 (7 Votes)