Ramsey's Pub Soup
A creamy and hearty soup filled with fresh vegetables, rich cheese, and zesty spices is perfect to warm you while you cuddle by a roaring fire. Freezes well.
- 1 rib celery, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 medium potato, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3 (13.75-ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoons pepper
- 1/4 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 3/4 cup cream cheese, diced
- 1 1/4 cup velveeta , cubed
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1 can light beer, room temperature
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 270mins
Combine celery, carrot, green pepper, onion, 1 tablespoon butter and potato in 5-quart dutch oven. Cook until vegetables are translucent, then add 1 tablespoon of butter and allow to melt.
Make a roux by adding 1/3 cup of flour to the butter and vegetable mixture. Cook slightly until the flour is incorporated and slightly golden.
Add broth, salt, pepper, paprika and cumin, stirring continuously to prevents lumps. Cover and cook at a very low temperature for about 3 to 4 hours.
During last 15 minutes, add cream cheese.
Purée vegetable mixture in blender and return to pot. Add velveeta and cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring until blended.
Pour in beer, slowly. Cover and cook 30 minutes. Freeze this soup for up to 3 months.
You'll also love
- Baked Potato Soup in a Slow Cooker 4.4/5 (506 Votes)
- Minestrone Soup 4.3/5 (158 Votes)
- Company Chicken 3.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Passover Matzo Farfel Stuffing 3.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Copeland's Crab Bisque 3.7/5 (19 Votes)
- Lipton Fast "n Easy Chili 3.5/5 (45 Votes)
- Cheesy Floret Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chunky Pumpkin Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)