Ground Beef Gyros
This is a great summer meal and quick and easy to put together and tastes wonderful. Refreshing served with the cucumber sauce and is even low in fat. I think this came from Quick Cooking. It's a favorite in our house.
- 1 (8 ounce) container plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup seeded cucumber, chopped
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pound lean ground beef (I use ground turkey)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 pita breads
- 3 cups lettuce, shredded
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 22mins
Adapted from food.com
In a bowl, combine first 5 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate.
In separate bowl, combine ground beef and seasonings. Mix well. Shape into 4 patties.
Grill, covered, (you can also use a toaster oven or broil these) over medium to high heat for 10 to 12 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, turning once.
Cut patties into thin slices. Stuff into pitas. Add lettuce, tomato, and onion. Serve with yogurt sauce.
You'll also love
- Hasselback Potatoes with Garlic &... 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Warm Lemon Pudding Cake 4.5/5 (38 Votes)
- Leg of Lamb, Sweet and Sour... 4.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Sweet and Sour Sausage 4.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Hot Roast Beef Sandwiches 4.6/5 (31 Votes)
- Oklahoma Fried Onion Burgers 4.1/5 (75 Votes)
- Amish Ground Beef and Noodle... 4.4/5 (45 Votes)