Classic Saganaki With Olives And Lemon
- 1 package kasseri cheese or Pecorino Romano - (8 oz) cut 1/2"-thick
- rectangular slices
- All-purpose flour as needed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil - (about)
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Tomato wedges
- Pita wedges
- Kalamata olives
Rinse cheese slices under cold water (do not pat dry). Coat with flour. Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat until almost smoking. Add cheese and cook until beginning to brown, about 1 minutes per side. Transfer to plates.
Squeeze lemon over cheese; sprinkle with oregano and pepper. Serve with tomatoes, pita and olives.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (760 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (170 Votes)
- Tuscan White Bean Salad with... 4.4/5 (129 Votes)
- Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce 4/5 (177 Votes)
- Maple Seared Scallops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beach House Seafood Strata 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken With Apple-Brandy Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chipotle Shrimp, Black Bean-Quinoa... 0/5 (0 Votes)