Sweet Potatoes With Apple Juice And Spices
- 2 red-skinned sweet potatoes - (8 oz ea) peeled, and sliced into 1/4"-thick rounds
- 3 tablespoons frozen apple juice concentrate thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place large baking sheet in oven to heat. Combine sweet potatoes (yams), apple juice concentrate, cinnamon and cloves in medium bowl. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Cut 2 sheets of foil, each about 20 inches long.
Place 1 foil sheet on work surface. Spread half of sweet potatoes on 1 half of foil so that potato slices are not more than 2 deep. Drizzle with 1/2 tablespoon butter. Fold foil over, enclosing contents completely and crimping edges tightly to seal. Repeat with second foil sheet and remaining ingredients.
Place foil packets on heated baking sheet. Bake until sweet potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes. Divide among 4 plates and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Spicy Rice And Kale 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spicy Grilled Chicken And Green... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Scallop Brochettes With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sausage And Warm Potato Salad... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Salmon With Roasted Asparagus And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Beet Soup With Potato And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Honey-Glazed Baked Apples Filled... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Savory Ham And Sweet Potato Purses 0/5 (0 Votes)