Skinny Chicken and Rice Casserole
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4-5 green onions, diced
- 1 (14-oz) pkg. sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups cooked boneless, skinless chicken, cubed
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 1/2 cups cooked brown rice (I used instant)
- 1 (5.3-oz) fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Adapted from yummyhealthyeasy.com
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray a 2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
In a skillet, heat oil. Add green onions and mushrooms. Cook until tender.
Add chicken. Sprinkle with flour. Cook for one minute, stirring constantly. Stir in milk, bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes, or until thick and bubbly.
Add brown rice. Fold in Greek yogurt, mayo and salt and pepper. Pour into prepared casserole dish.
Top with cheese and bake for 20 minutes, or until cheese melts and it's bubbly around the edges.
You'll also love
- Little Brioche Grilled Cheese... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Sufganiyot with Dulce de Leche... 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Chicken or Turkey chili 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Honey-Mustard Chicken Recipe 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Crockpot Creamy Chicken & Rice Soup 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Moroccan Apricot Olive Chicken 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Santa Fe Chicken & Rice 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Casserole 4.4/5 (7 Votes)