This is a great dessert, especially nice for holidays, but it can be served any time of the year. The resulting pumpkin roll slices will impress your guests.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup solid pack pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 (8-ounce) cream cheese
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from allrecipes.com
Preheat oven to 350˚F. Spray a jellyroll pan (large cookie sheet with sides) with pam, lined with wax paper that has also been sprayed with Pam. The mixture bakes on top of the wax paper.
In a mixing bowl, beat eggs on high for five minutes. Gradually add white sugar, pumpkin, and lemon juice. Add flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, and ginger. Spread batter evenly in pan. Sprinkle pecans evenly on top, and press lightly into batter.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until it springs back when touched. Loosen edges with a knife. Turn out on two paper towels that have been sprinkled with powdered sugar. Roll up cake, and let cool for about 20 minutes.
To Make Filling: Mix confectioners' sugar, vanilla, butter or margarine, and cream cheese together till smooth.
Unroll pumpkin cake when cool, and spread with filling. Reroll, and push aside the dishtowel. Unroll long sheet of waxed paper. Put pumpkin roll on waxed paper. Dust pumpkin roll with powdered sugar. Twist ends of waxed paper like a piece of candy. Put pumpkin roll in refrigerator and chill overnight. Before slicing, dust with powdered sugar. Serve chilled.
You'll also love
- Asian Pork Lettuce Wraps 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Beet & Spinach Salad with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sausage and Lentil Soup with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Caramel Pumpkin Flan 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Green Bean Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pie Bars Recipe 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pie Bars 0/5 (0 Votes)