- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1 package frozen unsweetened raspberries - (12 oz) thawed
- 7 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 pinch salt
- Powdered sugar (optional)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray six 3/4-cup soufflé dishes or custard cups with oil spray. Place dishes on baking sheet.
Puree raspberries with juices in processor. Strain puree into heavy medium saucepan, pressing to extract as much liquid as possible. Add 4 tablespoons sugar, jam and cornstarch to saucepan. Whisk over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens, about 2 minutes. Add lemon peel and vanilla. Transfer to large bowl. Cool, whisking occasionally.
Using electric mixer, beat egg whites and salt in another large bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add 3 tablespoons sugar; beat until stiff but not dry. Fold 1/3 of whites into raspberry mixture; fold in remaining whites. Divide mixture among prepared dishes. Bake soufflés until puffed and golden, about 16 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (760 Votes)
- Strawberry Coconut Chia Seed... 4.5/5 (220 Votes)
- Southern Strawberry-Pineapple... 3.9/5 (301 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (170 Votes)
- Mediterranean Lemon Chicken 4.4/5 (172 Votes)
- Lemon Ginger Avo Mayo 4.5/5 (154 Votes)
- Maple Seared Scallops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beach House Seafood Strata 0/5 (0 Votes)