Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs
The salty savoriness of these smoked salmon deviled eggs make these the perfect flavor explosion in your mouth. They are perfect when served on any weekend breakfast or brunch spread, or take these to your next potluck and elevate the typical deviled egg recipe with salmon.
- 12 eggs
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1.5 ounces smoked salmon or lox, chopped, about 1/4 cup
- 1 teaspoon capers
- fresh dill weed to garnish
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
In 3-quart saucepan, place eggs in single layer; add enough cold water to cover eggs by 1-inch. Cover; heat to boiling. Remove from heat; let stand covered 15 minutes. Immediately cool eggs about 10 minutes in cold water to prevent further cooking.
Tap egg to crack shell; roll egg between hands to loosen shell, then peel. Cut eggs lengthwise in half. Slip out the yolk into medium bowl; reserve egg white halves. Mash the yolks with a fork. Stir in mayonnaise, mustard, sour cream, dill weed, and pepper until well blended. Stir in salmon.
Spoon yolk mixture in 1-quart resealable freezer plastic bag or a pastry bag fitted with tip; seal bag. Cut a small hole in bottom corner of plastic bag. Squeeze bag to pipe yolk mixture into egg white halves.
Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours before serving. Just before serving top with capers and dill weed.
You'll also love
- Cranberry-Orange Simple Syrup 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Thai Cabbage Noodles 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Filet Mignon with Porcini Compound... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Goat Cheese & Bacon Wontons with... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Smoked Salmon Spread 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Cheesy Seafood Gratin 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Original Chex® Party Mix 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Butternut... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)