Lemon And Lime Dessert Sauce
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 thin lemon slices
- 4 thin lime slices
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 drop yellow food coloring (optional)
Whisk sugar and cornstarch in small saucepan to blend. Add 1 cup water and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat. Add butter and stir until melted. Whisk in lemon juice and lime juice. Cool sauce to room temperature. Stir in lemon and lime slices and vanilla extract. Add food coloring, if desired.
This recipe yields about 1 2/3 cups.
Per 1-tablespoon serving: calories, 15; total fat, 0.5 g; saturated fat, 0.5 g; cholesterol, 1 mg.