30 MINUTE CHEESY GARLIC SHRIMP ALFREDO
A cheesy, garlic-y delicious pasta packed with shrimp, and an easy homemade Alfredo. Great weeknight dinner!
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup grated Mozzarella cheese or 3 cheese blend
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese (optional)
- Pepper to taste
- 1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp
- Parsley to garnish
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Using a hand mixer or blender, mix together the milk, cream cheese, flour, and salt until smooth, set aside.
In a saucepan, melt butter and add garlic. Satue garlic for about a minute, then add in peeled and deveined shrimp.
Cook 3 to 5 minutes, until pink, and just barely cooked through. Remove shrimp from pan, leave garlic and butter drippings in saucepan.
Add milk mixture to the pan, and stir for 4 minutes on medium heat. Bring to a simmer, and keep stirring for about 6 more minutes until is starts to thicken.
Remove from heat, add grated cheese and Parmesan. Cover, let stand for about 5 minutes.
Add shrimp into sauce and let stand another 5 minutes
Serve over noodles of choice. (1 pound package is sufficient)
Garnish with some dried parsley.
TIPS: Rinse your shrimp well before cooking so you don’t get a “fishy” taste in your sauce.
Stir the garlic so it doesn’t burn.
Keep stirring when you pour the milk mixture in, you don’t want it to burn.
If you don’t eat all of it in one sitting, when reheating add milk to get to the desired consistency as it will get thicker!
You'll also love
- Cheesy Leftover Mashed Potato Cups 4.3/5 (22 Votes)
- Japanese Fruit Cake 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Crockpot Sweet Potato & Lentil... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- M&M Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie... 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Orange Chicken Recipe 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Creamy Chicken Casserole 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Sautéed Salmon with Rhubarb... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Imitation Crab Pasta Salad 4.3/5 (23 Votes)