Crockpot Sweet Potato & Lentil Curry
This is an easy and healthy meal that will serve a crowd or keep well for lunch at work throughout the week. Serve with a toasted multi-grain bread on the side.
- 2 Cups dried lentils
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger root
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
Turn slow cooker to low. Add lentils and 5 cups broth (reserve 1 cup of broth for seasonings).
Peel and cube sweet potatoes. Add to slow cooker.
Heat extra virgin olive oil in a pan on the stove top over medium. Chop onion and add to oil. Cook over medium heat until translucent (about 3-4 minutes). Add chopped garlic and cook 1-2 minutes. Next, peel ginger root with a spoon, finely grate and add to the onions and garlic. Pour the reserved cup of vegetable broth to the pan, stir and remove from heat. Next, add curry, turmeric, crushed red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Stir and combine with lentils and sweet potatoes in the slow cooker. Add bay leaves and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
You'll also love
- Strawberry Spinach Pasta Salad... 4.2/5 (22 Votes)
- Kevin's Famous Moussaka 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Ground Beef and Potatoes 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Cheese & Potato Stuffed Pork Chops 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Corn & Black Bean Salsa 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Vegan White Bean... 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Hash with Apples &... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Sweet Potato-Pumpkin Pie with... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)