Imitation Crab Pasta Salad
- 1 pound imitation crab meat, coarsely chopped (I like Louis Kemp brand)
- 1 cup elbow macaroni (or other small pasta), uncooked
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup celery (about 1 rib), chopped (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon creole seasoning, or to taste (such as Tony Chachere's)
- good pinch of garlic salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, or white pepper
- 2 - 3 tablespoons mayo, as needed
- 1 medium, ripe but firm, tomato, seeded and diced (optional but recommended)
Cook pasta as directed on package. Rinse until cool under tap water. Leave to drain well in a colander.
Meanwhile, coarsely chop the crab meat in a medium bowl; set aside.
In a large bowl, chop all desired veggies except for the tomato. Add pasta and seasonings to taste. Stir in desired amount of mayo. Gently fold in the crab meat. Refrigerate until serving time.
To serve, stir again, adding more mayo if needed for creaminess. If using, fold in the seeded and diced tomato.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Butter & Brownie Cupcakes 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- German Red Cabbage 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Soba Noodles with Shiitakes and... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Ricotta and Roasted Red Pepper... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Ultimate Fondue (RedLobster... 3.9/5 (94 Votes)
- Creamy Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Crisp Crab Cakes 4.3/5 (29 Votes)