M&M Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
Chocolate chip cookie cake recipes are easy to find, but this is my all-time favorite. You can make it as a basic chocolate chip cookie cake with semisweet chocolate chips or you can add M&Ms and decorate it with frosting for a more festive appearance. It’s an easy recipe, but keep in mind the dough spreads.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (11 1/4 ounce)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8-ounce unsalted butter (or use 4 ounces butter and 1/2 cup shortening for 1 cup total)
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 bag semi-sweet regular or miniature size chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 1 regular size bag (about 1.5 oz) plain M&M’s or, if you live in the UK, smarties
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 42mins
Adapted from cookiemadness.net
Preheat oven to 300° F.
Line a 12 inch round pizza pan with a circle of parchment or non-stick foil. Alternatively, you can make your own pizza pan by molding non-stick foil into a giant 12 inch circle.
Mix flour, baking soda and salt together; set aside.
Cream butter and both sugars by hand or with an electric mixer. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. When well mixed, add flour mixture and stir until blended Fold in chocolate chips.
Put all the batter in the pan and press it into a circle. Stop the circle about 1 ½ to 2 inches from the rim. Press M&M’s decoratively into top.
Bake on center rack for 32-35 minutes or until cookie is golden around edges and appears set.
You'll also love
- Twix Pound Cake 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Christmas Pecan Divinity 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Pumpkin Bars with Brown Sugar... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Gumdrop cookies 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Drop Butter Cookies with Variations 4.1/5 (47 Votes)
- Pineapple Chocolate Chip Cookies 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Tate's Bake Shop Chocolate Chip... 4/5 (68 Votes)