Red Curry Mussels
You'll fall in love with this Red Curry Mussels recipe, unique, flavorful and mmm-mm good!
- 13.5 ounce can coconut milk
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil, divided
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled, julienned
- 1 celery stalk, thinly sliced on a diagonal
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds mussels, scrubbed, debearded
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Toasted country-style bread, for serving
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from bonappetit.com
Bring coconut milk, tomatoes, wine, curry paste, and 2 tablespoons basil to a boil in a Dutch oven or other large pot, stirring to incorporate curry paste. Reduce heat and add onion, carrot, and celery; season with salt and pepper.
Bring liquid to a simmer, cover pot, and cook until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer vegetables to a medium bowl and set aside.
Return liquid in pot to a simmer. Add mussels to pot, cover, and cook, shaking pot occasionally, until shells open (discard any mussels that do not open), about 4 minutes.
Divide mussels and cooking liquid among bowls, top with reserved vegetables, parsley, and remaining 2 tablespoons basil, and serve with bread alongside.
You'll also love
- Sunflower Spinach Pie 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Spicy Creole Shrimp Remoulade 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Olive Garden Toasted Marshmallow... 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Tomato Soup Carrot Spice Muffins... 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Seared Scallops with Chorizo &... 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Rosemary & Orange Roast Chicken 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Quick & Easy Chicken Noodle Soup 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- MUSSELS: Mussels on the Half Shell... 4.4/5 (12 Votes)