Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Milkshake
- Author: Detoxinista.com
- Prep time: 5 mins Total time: 5 mins
- Serves: 1-2
- Made of frozen bananas, natural peanut butter, cocoa and a splash of pure maple syrup, this rich, creamy treat is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth, without the sluggish after-effects of a traditional milkshake.
- 2 frozen bananas
- 3/4 cup almond milk (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 7 ice cubes (about 2 handfuls)
Adapted from detoxinista.com
Throw all of the ingredients into a high-powered blender, and blend until smooth and creamy. (I like to freeze my bananas whole, for easy measuring, then I break them in half when adding them to the blender.)
Pour into two glasses and serve immediately!
For best results, use a high-speed blender like the Vitamix, which breaks down ice effortlessly. A traditional blender should also work-- though, you may need to add a bit more almond milk to facilitate blending.