Carrot Raisin Salad
Copycat recipe of Chick-Fil-A's famous salad.
- Optional add-in at serving:
- 1 lb. whole carrots*, grated or finely shredded (4 cups)
- 1/3 cup loosely packed dark raisins
- 1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 - 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup mayonnaise (I use Blue Plate brand)
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
Chill everything except the sugar for at least an hour before making the salad.
Drain the pineapple in a colander; press down on it, squeezing all the juice out. (It needs to be very dry or the salad will be runny. After draining, I poured it out on several layers of paper towels and gave it a squeeze.) Place pineapple in a bowl; stir in the sugar and lemon juice. Stir in about 1/2 cup mayo (can add more later). Refrigerate until needed.
Grate/shred the carrots into a large bowl; stir in the raisins. (I hand shredded the carrots first on the large side of a box grater then pulsed them a couple of times in the food processor for a finer texture.) Stir in the pineapple dressing, blending well, adding more mayo if needed. Chill until serving time.
At serving time, stir in the pecans, if using, and a bit more mayo if needed for desired consistency.
To extend the recipe, I have used 2 lbs. carrots with just the 1 can of pineapple with great results, just increase the lemon juice and mayo to taste.
You'll also love
- Apple Harvest Pound Cake with... 4.5/5 (49 Votes)
- Lemon Bars 4.5/5 (49 Votes)
- Oven Roasted Potatoes with Bacon,... 4.5/5 (49 Votes)
- Crispy Parmesan Baked Potatoes 4.5/5 (49 Votes)
- Carrot Cake III 4.6/5 (36 Votes)
- Cinnamon Raisin Bread 4.6/5 (37 Votes)
- Whole Wheat, Oatmeal & Raisin... 4.6/5 (38 Votes)