Apricot Shortbread Cookies
The shortbread cookies are studded with bright orange apricots and awesomely light. They're great with a little tea or coffee on the side.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour, plus more for parchment
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried apricots
Preparation time 70mins
Cooking time 90mins
Preheat oven to 325°F, with rack in center. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place butter, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla, flour, and salt in large mixing bowl. Stir well with a wooden spoon until mixture is combined but not too creamy. Stir in dried apricots.
Turn out dough onto a piece of plastic wrap and mold into a log, 2 inches in diameter. Refrigerate 1 hour.
Slice cookies to 1/4-inch thickness and bake 13 to 15 minutes or until done, allowing cookies to cool before enjoying.
You'll also love
- Mini Potato Kugel Cups 3.8/5 (22 Votes)
- Savory Palmiers from Ina Garten 3.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Peach Vanilla Cheesecake Trifle 3.9/5 (15 Votes)
- CrockPot: Pork: Pineapple CrockPot... 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Olallieberry Crisp (or any kind of... 4/5 (17 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip & M&M Cookie Dough... 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- No Bake Pecan Coconut Praline... 4.1/5 (17 Votes)
- Apricot Ginger Glazed Chicken 4.2/5 (5 Votes)