Chicken Salad with Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato
This chicken salad has a creamy dressing and is best served over crisp lettuce leaves.
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 5 slices bacon
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 leaves romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado - peeled, seeded and sliced
Preparation time 15mins
Adapted from allrecipes.com
Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside to cool.
Prepare the dressing by mixing together the mayonnaise, parsley, green onions, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
In a medium bowl, stir together the chicken breast, tomatoes and bacon. Pour dressing over chicken mixture and toss well to coat. Refrigerate until chilled; serve over lettuce leaves and garnish with avocado slices.
You'll also love
- Camp Fire French Toast 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Hearty Chicken Pumpkin Soup 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Chickpea & Chicken Coconut Green... 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Wasabi-Crusted Chicken Breasts 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Creamy Canadian Bacon & Pasta 4/5 (32 Votes)
- Cowboy Ciao Stetson Chopped Salad 3.7/5 (80 Votes)
- Moroccan Tomato Soup 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Oven-Fried Green Tomatoes 4.3/5 (4 Votes)