Red Cabbage, Carrot & Mint Salad
A colorful, refreshing, crunchy salad that is versatile and will suit pretty much any cuisine. I made this as part of a multi-course Middle Eastern menu as a salad to accompany the mains as well as using in wraps.
- 4 cups red/purple cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 carrot, julienned
- Handful mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper, to taste
Adapted from recipetineats.com
Combine Salad ingredients in a bowl.
Add Dressing ingredients, then toss to combine.
The mint can be substituted with any other herb you prefer or that you think will suit your taste or compliment other dishes.
When I am making Asian dishes, sometimes I substitute the lemon with limes and/or the olive oil with another more neutral flovored oil such as grapeseed or canola oil.
You'll also love
- Amish Broccoli Salad 4.2/5 (95 Votes)
- German Cucumber Salad 4.2/5 (77 Votes)
- Shrimp & Crab Cannelloni with... 3.8/5 (38 Votes)
- John’s Tomato Sauce with Veal... 4/5 (16 Votes)
- Eggplant Crepes 4/5 (8 Votes)
- Native American Pueblo Feast Day... 3.9/5 (27 Votes)
- Toasted Coconut Martini 4/5 (31 Votes)
- Cabbage Steak Baked 3.8/5 (77 Votes)