Blueberry Sour Cream Waffles
I have been looking for a "scratch" recipe for waffles for quite some time. I didn't want the hassle of whipping egg whites and folding them in. This recipe was my answer, which I found on the food blog "The Cutting Edge of Ordinary". The Blueberry Sour Cream waffles were tender, and far from bland tasting. The sour cream is the key. I used lite sour cream and 1% milk, which offset the fact that you do use one stick of butter! This is my "go to" recipe for waffles from now on. Love it!
You can view how I made this on my blog at: http://foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com/2010/03/blueberry-sour-cream-waffles.html
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of frozen blueberries.
- Maple syrup or jam, for serving
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com
Heat a waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions. Lightly oil the grids.
Meanwhile whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl to combine and make a well in the center.
If adding the blueberries, add about 1/4 cup of the flour to the blueberries and gently mix-- this will help prevent the blueberries from sinking to the bottom of the batter - just a favorite tip I use!
Whisk the melted butter, milk, sour cream, and eggs in a medium bowl until well combined and pour into the well. Whisk just until smooth; do not over mix.
(Very gently fold the blueberries into the batter, to avoid the batter from turning purple. )
Spoon about 1/4 cup of the batter into the center of each quadrant of the waffle iron and close the iron. Cook until the waffle is golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
Serve the waffles hot, with the syrup passed on the side. Makes twelve 4-inch waffles.
You'll also love
- Grilled Ribeye Steak with Onion... 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Perfect Crispy Potatoes 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Brown Sugar Pineapple Chicken 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Peach Sheet Cake 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Mixed Berry Scones 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Cape Cod Cranberry Coffee Cake 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Blueberry-Chia Overnight Oats 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Blueberry Brie 4.4/5 (9 Votes)