German Apple Pancake
Looking for a winning brunch or dessert? This German Apple Pancake dish is a must try. The pancake will lose its puff as it sits out, so be sure to prepare this one right before you want to eat it and enjoy as soon as it’d done!
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup whole milk, room temperature
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, peeled, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Confectioners’ sugar
Preparation time 8mins
Cooking time 28mins
Preheat the oven to 425°F (218°C).
In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, flour and sugar until smooth.
In a 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the apple slices and sprinkle with the brown sugar and cinnamon. Cook for about 5 minutes, frequently tossing, until the apples are coated and have softened. Transfer to a dish.
Wipe the skillet with a paper towel and place in the preheated oven for about 8 to 10 minutes, until very hot.
Add the remaining butter to the skillet, swirling to coat the bottom and sides. Add the cooked apples to the center of the pan and pour the batter on top.
Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until the pancake has puffed and the edges are golden brown. The center should be set but custardy.
Sprinkle with the confectioners’ sugar and serve immediately.
The pancake will lose its puff as it sits out, so be sure to prepare this one right before you want to eat it and enjoy as soon as it’d done!
You'll also love
- One-Pan Honey Garlic Chicken 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Mozzarella Stuffed... 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Chops - Creamy Lemon Thyme 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Easy Cherry Dump Cake 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Paleo Banana Muffins 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Mom's Orange-Pineapple Jello-O 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Joanna Gaines' Magnolia Lemon Pie 4/5 (12 Votes)
- Sugarcane Baked Ham with Spiced... 4.4/5 (9 Votes)