Blueberry-Chia Overnight Oats
Blueberry Chia Overnight Oats are creamy overnight oats made even more nutritious with chia seeds!
- 2/3 cup whole natural almonds, divided
- 1 1/2 cups nonfat or 1% milk
- 1 cup nonfat or low-fat plain yogurt (not Greek-style)
- 1/3 cup all-fruit blueberry jam
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 cups blueberries, divided
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 30mins
Toast the almonds in a dry skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until lightly browned and fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes. Allow to cool slightly, then chop them coarsely.
In a medium bowl, stir together the milk, yogurt, jam, and vanilla. Stir in the oats, chia seeds, and half of the almonds. Then stir in 1 cup of the blueberries.
Divide the mixture evenly among four 12-ounce (1 1/2-cup) jars. Top each with the remaining blueberries and almonds. Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight or at least 8 hours. Serve chilled or at room temperature. (Note: the nuts on top will soften a bit in the refrigerator. If you want them extra-crunchy, sprinkle them on right before serving)
You'll also love
- Peanut Butter Cookies 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Chicken Adobo 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Mom's Orange-Pineapple Jello-O 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Pork Orange Lo Mein 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Blueberry Brie 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Edamame and Blueberry Salad 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Smoked Salmon, Fennel and Goat... 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Fresh Mango Salsa 4.5/5 (10 Votes)