Summer Mexican Salad with Citrus Dressing
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 cup corn (fresh, frozen, or canned-rinsed and drained)
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 1 cup chopped purple cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup pre-cooked edamame
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1/4 tsp orange zest
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp finely grated lime zest
- 1/2 tbsp agave syrup or honey
- 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- Sea Salt and Freshly cracked Pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place the chopped sweet potatoes on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and toss. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Place sheet in the oven and roast for 20 minutes. Using a spatula, toss the sweet potatoes. Roast for an additional 15 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are tender. Remove from oven and set aside.
2. Place chopped lettuce in a large bowl. Top lettuce with roasted sweet potatoes, black beans, tomatoes, corn, avocado, purple cabbage, cilantro, edamame, and green onion.
For the dressing: Combine the cumin, coriander, cayenne, orange juice, orange zest, lime juice, lime zest, olive oil, sea salt, and freshly cracked pepper, to taste together in a bowl. Whisk until well combined. Set aside.
Dress the salad as desired.
You'll also love
- Zucchini-and-Mozzarella Flatbread 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Asparagus & Radishes with Mint 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Leeann Chin Lemon Chicken 3.9/5 (24 Votes)
Review this recipe