- 1/3 cup strawberry preserves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon or nutmeg
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups sliced fresh rhubarb
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat oven to 375°F. In a large bowl, stir together preserves and cinnamon. Add strawberries and rhubarb; stir gently to coat. Add flour; stir gently until combined. Spoon into a 9-inch pie plate. Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together rolled oats and cornmeal. Stir in honey and vanilla until combined. Sprinkle over strawberry mixture. Bake, uncovered, about 20 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit is tender and bubbly.
Cool about 20 minutes before serving. Serve warm.
Peach Crisp: Prepare as above, except substitute peach or apricot preserves for the strawberry preserves and 4 cups peeled and sliced fresh peaches or sliced nectarines for the strawberries and rhubarb. Stir 2 teaspoons lemon juice into the preserves mixture before adding fruit.
Nutrition facts per serving: 161 cal., 1 g total fat (0 g sat. fat), 0 mg chol., 7 mg sodium, 38 g carbo., 3 g dietary fiber, 2 g protein.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (805 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (310 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (287 Votes)
- Raspberry Beignets with Vanilla... 4.6/5 (187 Votes)
- Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake 4.4/5 (181 Votes)