Cindy Crawford's Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie
I saw this recipe on the Oprah Show and decided to make it. It is delicious. Jordan and Russ especially liked this one.
Recipe from oprah.com (Saveur Magazine) November 2007
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 6 tablespoons cold milk
- 1 1/4 cups plus 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups strawberries, halved
- 2 cups rhubarb, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut up
- 2 teaspoons milk
To make the crust:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix flour and salt. Measure oil and milk together. Don't stir. Add to flour. Roll out crust between two pieces of wax paper. Makes two crusts.
To make filling:
Mix sugar, flour, nutmeg and cinnamon. Add fruit, stirring to coat. Can be set aside in the refrigerator and then drained later.
To make the pie:
Lay one crust inside a baking pie plate. Fill crust with filling. Scatter butter pieces on top. Add top crust. Pinch edges and ventilate the top. Brush top crust with milk. Sprinkle sugar on top. Bake pie on cookie sheet for 50 minutes. Can cover edges of pie crust with foil if cooking too fast.
Allow to cool 1 hour before serving.
You'll also love
- Rhubarb Dump Cake 4/5 (167 Votes)
- Deep Dish Strawberry Rhubarb Pie... 4.4/5 (57 Votes)
- Italian Sausage, Smoked Tomato and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Potatoe Soup with Old Fashioned... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Broccoli and Lemon Orzo Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Orange Julius Cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- SuperFoodsRx Blueberry Muffin with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Strawberry Delight 0/5 (0 Votes)