Campbell's Green Bean Casserole
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular, 98% Fat Free or Healthy Request®)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Dash ground black pepper
- 4 cups cooked cut green beans
- 1 1/3 cups French's® French Fried Onions
Adapted from campbellkitchen.com
1. Stir the soup, milk, soy sauce, black pepper, beans and 2/3 cup onions in a 1 1/2-quart casserole.
2. Bake at 350°F. for 25 minutes or until the bean mixture is hot and bubbling. Stir the bean mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining onions.
3. Bake for 5 minutes or until the onions are golden brown.
4. For cheese lovers, stir in 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese with soup. Omit the soy sauce. Sprinkle with an additional 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese when adding the remaining onions.
5. To add a festive touch, stir in 1/4 cup chopped red pepper with the soup.
6. To add crunch, add 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds to the onion topping.
7. For bacon lovers, add 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled, to the bean mixture.
8. For Golden Green Bean Casserole, substitute Campbell's® Condensed Golden Mushroom Soup for the Cream of Mushroom Soup. Omit the soy sauce. Stir in 1/4 cup chopped red pepper with the green beans.
Tip: Use 1 bag (16 to 20 ounces) frozen green beans, 2 packages (9 ounces each) frozen green beans, 2 cans (about 16 ounces each) green beans or about 1 1/2 pounds fresh green beans for this recipe.