Andrew's Favorite Pumpkin Bread
Extremely moist, delicious spice bread that Monta makes and Andrew loves.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (or other oil like Canola)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 3 eggs, beaten slightly
- 1 1/2 cups mashed cooked pumpkin
- 2 cups unbleached (unsifted) flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp. allspice
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup raisins (very optional)
Beat coconut oil, sugar & molasses until light & fluffy. At lower speed, beat in eggs & pumpkin.
Sift together remaining dry ingredients and mix with nuts and raisins if using. Combine with pumpkin mixture.
Grease and flour two 9x5x3-inch loaf pans. Pour in batter and bake at 350 degrees for 40 - 50 minutes. Cool completely before slicing.