Creamy Potato Salad
Classic potato salad recipe that is perfect for picnics, barbecues or any time!
- 3 1/2 pounds potatoes, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup cooked crispy thick cut, bacon, chopped
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped, or 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 to 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground mustard
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
Place potatoes in a large pot. Cover with the eggs, add cold water until the potatoes and eggs are fully covered in water. Cover the pot with a lid and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to a simmer and cook the potatoes until fork tender.
Using tongs, remove the eggs from the pot and drain the water from the potatoes. Run cold water over the potatoes while they are in the strainer.
Place potatoes in large mixing bowl, peel then chop the eggs, add to the potatoes.
Add celery, green onion, chopped bacon, and parsley (reserve some parsley for garnish),
In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, salt, pepper, garlic powder and ground mustard. Pour the mixture over the potatoes and carefully mix.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
NOTE: If you are pressed for time, you can steam the potatoes in the microwave and use hard boiled eggs.
You'll also love
- Best Creamy Potato Salad 4.4/5 (38 Votes)
- Asian Noodle Salad (Pioneer Woman) 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Kansas City Style Barbecued Burnt... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Cheesy Zucchini Pancakes 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Jalapeño Sausage Cornbread Muffins 3.9/5 (11 Votes)
- Roasted Garlic and Sweet Potato... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Shrimp 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Roasted Garlic Mashed Sweet... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)