Roasted Garlic and Sweet Potato Crostini
- 3 heads garlic
- 1 tbsp. olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 tbsp. roughly chopped capers, plus more for topping
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1 loaf ciabatta, sliced diagonally 1/2" thick
Adapted from saveur.com
1. Heat oven to 400°. Cut ¼" from the top of each garlic head, exposing the cloves. Drizzle each with olive oil and wrap tightly in foil. Place in a baking dish and bake until heads are soft and lightly browned, 30-40 minutes; let cool slightly. Squeeze cloves from skins into a bowl; set aside.
2. Combine sour cream, zest, capers, pepper flakes, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
3. Heat olive oil in a 10" skillet over medium heat. Add sweet potatoes, salt, and pepper; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and beginning to brown, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined sheet; set aside.
4. Brush bread slices with olive oil, and place on a baking sheet. Bake, turning once, until crisp and golden, about 8 minutes. Remove and let cool slightly. Spread about 1 tsp. of the roasted garlic on each crostini. Divide sour cream mixture between crostini. Top with sweet potatoes, and garnish with chopped capers.