Roasted Garlic Mashed Sweet Potatoes Recipe
Some people forget that Sweet Potatoes don’t need to be served sweet. The savory side of them is just as fantastic! Sweet Potato Fries and more are so popular now so let’s not forget that we can also change up our Mashed Potatoes.
- ◾6 Large Sweet Potatoes
- ◾2 Garlic Bulbs
- ◾1 Stick Butter
- ◾1 (8 oz.) Package Chive and Onion Cream Cheese
- ◾Olive Oil
- ◾Fresh Ground Pepper
Adapted from hotdishhomemaker.com
1. First we need to roast our Garlic so preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Remove all the loose “paper like” outer layers from the Garlic bulb. Cut the top end off the Garlic Bulb.
3. Drizzle Olive Oil over the top of the Garlic Bulbs. Wrap the Garlic in foil and place in the preheated oven and roast for 40 minutes.
4. When Garlic is done roasting, remove from oven and set aside to cool so it will be easy to handle.
5. Wash and peel 6 large Sweet Potatoes.
6. In a large pot, bring about 4 quarts of Water to a boil. Then add in the Sweet Potatoes and return to a slow boil. Continue to boil them just until fork tender.
7. Drain the Potatoes and return them to the pot.
8. Add in the Butter, and Cream Cheese and mash well with a potato masher.
9. Give the old Pepper Mill a few turns over the Potatoes and Squeeze the Roasted Garlic from the bulbs into the Potatoes. Continue to mash them until everything is incorporated.
10. Once you have a nice Mashed Potato consistency you are ready to serve!
~Serve with a dollop of Sour Cream on top or a little more Butter. If you have some fresh Chives they would look great on top for a little garnish as well. I always have them in my garden and I would have added them on top….but I live in Minnesota and it is wintertime and snowing!
Recipe by: Hot Dish Homemaker
You'll also love
- Fettuccine with Champagne Sage... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Pear, Beet & Gorgonzola Green Salad 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Green Beans with Shallots, Thyme,... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Garlic Rosemary Zoodles 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Fish Taco Salad with Garlic Lime... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Agave and Whisky-Glazed Sweet... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Mini-Latkes 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Moroccan-Spiced Pork Chops with... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)