K's Delicious Ranch Fried Chicken
- CHICKEN MIXTURE:
- 1-1/2 to 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Peanut or vegetable oil
- BUTTERMILK MIXTURE:
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 T. minced fresh chives
- 1 T. minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp. minced fresh dill
- 1 tsp. distilled white vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 packet of Ranch Dressing and Seasoning Mix
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1-1/2 T. minced fresh chives
- 1-1/2 T. minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 T. minced fresh dill
- 3/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- pepper to taste
Pat chicken dry with paper towels and season with salt & pepper.
For buttermilk mixture: Whisk all ingredients together in bowl. For the coating mix all the ingredients together in a separate bowl.
Set wire rack in rimmed baking sheet. Set 2nd wire rack in another baking sheet and line half the rack with triple layer of paper towels.
Working 1 piece at a time, dip chicken in buttermilk mixture, then flour mixture, coating to adhere. Tranfer to 1st wire rack (without paper towels). At this point chicken can be refrigerated, uncovered, up to 2 hours.
Heat oil over medium-high heat until it reaches 350. Add half the chicken and cook until golden brown about 9-10 minutes or longer if desired.
Transfer chicken to 2nd wire rack and drain on paper towels on each side for 30 seconds. Then move to unlined side of rack. Repeat with other half of chicken.
You'll also love
- Chicken and Asparagus Crepes 4.4/5 (73 Votes)
- Cajun Chicken Stuffed with Pepper... 4.1/5 (99 Votes)
- Pan-Fried Ranch Chicken 4.4/5 (65 Votes)
- Creamy Chicken and Rice Casserole 4.4/5 (59 Votes)
- Baked Fried Chicken 4.4/5 (63 Votes)
- African Chicken Stew 4.5/5 (54 Votes)
- Easy Italian Lemon Pound Cake 3.7/5 (278 Votes)
- Buttermilk Rum Pound Cake 4.5/5 (51 Votes)