Skillet Chicken with Bacon & White Wine Sauce
Chicken seasoned with herbes de Provence, while pan-fried bacon and shallots flavor a white wine sauce. Serve with a side of green beans and dinner rolls!
- 3 3 3 slices bacon
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 cup flour
- to to taste
- to to taste
- 2 2 2 teaspoon herbes de Provence
- 1 1/2 to 2 1 1/2 to 2 2 pounds chicken thighs with skin
- 1 to 2 1 to 2 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 2 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1 1 cup chicken stock
- Dried or fresh parsley for topping
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 75mins
Adapted from pinchofyum.com
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Heat a large ovenproof Dutch oven over medium high heat. Cut the bacon into small pieces and fry for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside, leaving the hot bacon grease in the pan (turn down the heat while prepping the chicken).
Mix the flour with salt and pepper and the herbes de Provence. Dredge each piece of chicken in the flour mixture and transfer to the hot pan. Pan-fry the chicken for a few minutes on each side, until golden brown (but not cooked through). Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside on plate.
Add the shallots to the hot pan with the olive oil. Sauté for 5 to 10 minutes, until softened and fragrant. Add the wine slowly, stirring to get all the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the chicken stock and let everything cook until it reduces slightly, about 5 to 10 minutes.
Add the chicken and bacon back to the pan and bake for 40 minutes, stopping every 10 or 15 minutes to baste the chicken with the pan sauce. Remove from oven when the chicken skin is crispy and the chicken is fully cooked. Skim the oil off the top of the sauce if you want and serve with bread to soak it all up.
You'll also love
- Chicken Parmesan Baked Pasta 4.5/5 (43 Votes)
- Unbelievable Carrot Cake 4.4/5 (44 Votes)
- Eggplant Parmesan 4.5/5 (42 Votes)
- Unbelievably Easy Roast Beef 4.5/5 (41 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Broccoli... 4.5/5 (43 Votes)
- Beer Battered Grilled Cheese... 4.5/5 (45 Votes)
- Cider Glazed Boneless Pork Loin... 4.4/5 (51 Votes)
- Roasted Pork Belly "Lechon" 3.7/5 (383 Votes)