Better Than Anything Pumpkin Cake
A Fall version of the infamous Chocolate cake Better than ... cake version.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 small can pumpkin puree
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8 ounce) tub cool whip
- 1/2 bag Heath bits
- Caramel sundae sauce
Adapted from somethingswanky.com
In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix and pumpkin puree until a smooth batter forms. Pour batter into a well greased 9x13 baking dish.
Bake at 350º according to the directions for a 9x13 cake on the cake mix box.
Let cool for about 10 minutes after baking. Using the bottom of a wooden spoon, poke holes all over the top of the cake.
Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the cake, filling the holes. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Spread the cool whip over top of cake. Sprinkle on the heath bits, and drizzle caramel over top (just to your liking). Refrigerate for 3-4 hours, or overnight (best).
Tips for optimal results:
DO NOT USE PUMPKIN PIE FILLING. YOU MUST USE PUMPKIN PUREE IF YOU WANT THE CAKE TO BAKE CORRECTLY.
The cake mix + pumpkin puree version of pumpkin cake may not be for everyone. I like it just fine, especially when it's soaked in SCM and caramel. But if you're not sure about it, feel free to substitute your own pumpkin cake recipe as the cake base.
DO NOT mix together the pumpkin, cake mix, and the other ingredients on the back of the cake mix box!!!! ONLY mix the cake mix and the pumpkin puree.
You must let the sweetened condensed milk soak in all the way. Letting it sit overnight will yield best results.
Use the bottom of a wooden mixing spoon to poke the holes in the cake-- it's just the right size.
You'll also love
- Trisha Yearwood's Key Lime Cake 4.2/5 (138 Votes)
- Pineapple Dream Cake 4.5/5 (106 Votes)
- Best Homemade Potato Salad 4.5/5 (101 Votes)
- Soup - Spiced Red Lentil, Tomato,... 4.5/5 (102 Votes)
- Zucchini Parmesan Crisps 4.5/5 (96 Votes)
- Summer Pasta With Zucchini,... 4.1/5 (176 Votes)
- Mom's Buttermilk Pumpkin Bread 4.2/5 (116 Votes)