SKILLET POTATOES WITH OLIVES AND LEMON
ACTIVE TIME: 10 MIN START TO FINISH: 25 MIN
The strong aromatics in this dish infuse the potatoes with a spirited Moroccan style
- 1/4 cup green olives such as picholine
- or arbequina
- 1 lb fingerling or small red potatoes,
- peeled if desired, then halved
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 (3- by 1-inch) strips lemon zest,
- removed with a vegetable peeler
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf
- ACCOMPANIMENT: lemon wedges
"Smash olives with flat side of a large
knife, then discard pits and chop olives.
Toss potatoes with olives, oil, zest,
cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a lO-inch heavy skillet, then add water and bring to a boil.
"Cover skillet and boil over medium heat
until potatoes are tender, 10 to 12 minutes Remove lid and cook, stirring, until water is evaporated, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve sprinkled with parsley.