Broccoli and Lemon Orzo Soup
A light and comforting soup, fragrant with lemon. Great to eat when you're feeling under the weather.
Rate this recipe 0/5 (0 Votes)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8 cups good vegetable broth
- 1 lb of broccoli, cut into bitesize pieces
- 3 ⁄4 cup orzo
- the zest of one lemon
- the juice of half a lemon
- 2 tbsp dill, chopped
1. In a large pot over mediumhigh heat, cook onions in olive oil until starting to caramelize, about 7 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
2. Pour in vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Add orzo and cook for 4 minutes. Add broccoli and cook for an additional 5 minutes, until broccoli is tender and orzo is cooked through. Add zest, juice, and dill. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Orange Julius Cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Applesauce-glazed Pork Chops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Leftover Corn Fritters 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Green Beans and Mushrooms with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Bread Pudding 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Babganoush-Hummus Pasta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Four Cheese Fettuccine 0/5 (0 Votes)
- PASSOVER BROCCOLI/POTATO KUGEL 0/5 (0 Votes)
Review this recipe