Paleo Healthy Zucchini Soft “Taco” Tortilla Shells
Enjoy these shells as a snack or a wrap, so think beyond the taco. Don't bake them too long, or they'll dry out and be difficult to peel off. To help from sticking, you can lightly spray the parchment paper with oil. But you'll end up with a less crispy shell.
Squeezing out as much excess water in the grated zucchini will make the taco shells a little more “firm”. One method is to microwave the zucchini till moisture releases, then squeezing out the water. Or lightly sautéing the zucchini for a few minutes, then squeezing out the water. Just be careful to not cook the zucchini too much or use too much oil, or else you’ll get mush.
- 4 cups (950ml) zucchini, coarsely grated
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup (120ml) grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup (60ml) crushed paleo crackers
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
Adapted from whiteonricecouple.com
Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees F.
Remove as much moisture as you can from the zucchini. Add zucchini to large bowl and mix in remainder of the taco shell ingredients (egg, parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, black pepper, salt, garlic powder, and cumin).
Cover baking sheets with parchment paper or oven proof baking mat. Scoop about ¼ cup of mixture and press down on baking pan into a thin circle, about 5” wide. Repeat for remainder of mixture.
Bake shells for about 25 minutes, or until the shells look “crisp’ and brown around the edges. We like to bake the shells a little longer for a more charred texture and flavor. Just be careful to not bake too long or else the shells dry out and are hard to peel off.
After zucchini soft taco shells are cool, gently peel them off the parchment paper.
You'll also love
- Pan-Seared Pork Chops With Roasted... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Smoky Clams for Two 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Pork Chops with Sweet Potato Hash 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Chickpea Pancakes with Leeks,... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Roasted Spaghetti Squash 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Fusilli with Yellow Squash & Grape... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Zucchini Pasta 4.8/5 (5 Votes)