Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
"Walnuts, cranberries, blueberries…you can put just about anything into zucchini bread...I love chocolate chips!”—David
Tip: To make healthier fruit (and veggie!) breads, substitute the oil with applesauce or another fruit puree. You can even substitute oil with light yogurt in some recipes.
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1-1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups zucchini, grated
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Adapted from qvc.co
Preheat oven to 325°F. Place the rack in the middle of the oven. Lightly grease an 8" x 4" nonstick loaf pan. Combine the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a medium-size bowl. Set aside.
Fit a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, and then mix (on medium speed) the oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until well-combined. Add the dry ingredients into the bowl and mix, on low speed, until well-combined.
Fold the grated zucchini and chocolate chips into the mixture using a rubber spatula. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
Bake for 55–65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Allow the loaf to cool in the pan over a cooling rack for about 20 minutes, then remove the loaf and place it directly onto the rack to finish cooling.
You'll also love
- Coca Cola Brisket 3.8/5 (101 Votes)
- Italian Sausage Soup with... 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- POTATO SOUP II 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Black Bean & Quino Veggie Burgers 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Perfect Pumpkin Pie (King Arthur... 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Pumpkin Nutella Muffins 4.4/5 (32 Votes)
- Baked Summer Squash 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Zucchini-Sausage Casserole 4.2/5 (48 Votes)