Sweetcorn and Zucchini Fritters
- 1 1/2 cups of self-raising flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tin of sweet corn or 2 two large corn cobs, kernels removed
- 1 zucchini, trimmed and grated
- olive oil for shallow frying
- 1 cup tzatziki dip to serve
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
1. Sift flour into a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Using a fork, whisk milk and eggs together in a jug until combined. Pour over flour. Stir until smooth. Add corn and zucchini. Stir until well combined.
2. Add enough oil to a large, non-stick frying pan to cover base. Heat over medium heat until hot. Using 1/4 cup of mixture per fritter, spoon mixture, 3 fritters at a time, into pan. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes each side or until golden and firm to touch in the centre. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
3. Serve with tzatziki dip.
Note: cooked fritters can be frozen and reheated in microwave for easy meal, snack or side dish.