Milk Chocolate Mini Cookies
Make your own chocolate filled chocolate cookies - your family will thank you! If you'd like, fill the cookies with ice cream and make your own ice cream sandwiches!
- MILK CHOCOLATE SOUR CREAM FROSTING:
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces milk chocolate pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 recipe Milk Chocolate Sour Cream Frosting (optional)
- 3 ounces chopped milk chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cups sifted powdered sugar
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 45mins
In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
In a heavy small saucepan heat and stir chocolate over low heat until melted, stirring constantly. Set aside.
In a medium bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Beat in sugar until fluffy. Beat in melted chocolate, egg, and vanilla.
Gradually beat in the flour mixture. Divide dough into four equal portions. Wrap each portion in plastic wrap or waxed paper. Freeze for 20 to 30 minutes or until dough is firm enough to handle. (Or chill in the refrigerator for 60 minutes.)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside. Removing one portion of dough from freezer at a time, roll each portion into a 10-inch roll.* Wrap and freeze for 5 minutes more. Cut rolls into 1/2-inch slices. Place slices 1 inch apart on prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 9 to 10 minutes or until edges are set. Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes. Gently remove from sheets (cookies will be brittle) and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
If desired, spread Milk Chocolate Sour Cream Frosting on the bottom sides of half of the cookies, using 1/2 teaspoon for each cookie; top with remaining cookies, bottom sides down, to make sandwiches.
MILK CHOCOLATE SOUR CREAM FROSTING:
In a medium saucepan melt chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring frequently. Cool for 5 minutes. Stir in sour cream. Gradually add powdered sugar until spreadable.
You'll also love
- Three-Cheese Ziti with Ricotta,... 4.2/5 (18 Votes)
- Gluten-Free Cauliflower Pizza Crust 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cheesecake with Salted... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Sweet Potato-Pumpkin Pie with... 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Lemon Pineapple Cake Mix Cookies... 4.1/5 (44 Votes)
- Gooey Sugar Cookie Bars 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Chocolate Glaze for Chocolate... 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Boston Sour Cream Cake 4.5/5 (16 Votes)