Creamy Tomato Slow Cooker Chicken
Spend ten minutes assembling these ingredients in the morning, and come home to a ready-to-eat chicken dinner. It's delicious served over pasta, rice or quinoa.
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless skinless (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 pouch (8 ounces) Old El Paso™ roasted tomato Mexican cooking sauce
- 8 ounces uncooked pasta (such as penne or mostaccioli)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup Italian cheese blend, shredded (2 ounces), if desired
Cooking time 320mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
Spray 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Arrange chicken in bottom of slow cooker. Top with garlic, basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
In separate bowl, stir together Alfredo sauce, tomatoes and cooking sauce until well combined. Pour mixture over chicken.
Cover; cook on Low heat setting 5 to 6 hours.
Ten to 15 minutes before serving time, cook pasta as directed on package. In small bowl, stir together cornstarch and water; stir into mixture in slow cooker. Increase heat setting to High; cook uncovered 5 to 10 minutes longer.
Serve chicken with pasta; top with cheese.