Avocado & Egg English Muffin
Avocado & Egg English Muffin can be a healthy breakfast, snack or lunch! Mix up the ingredients to make it your own. Try different cheeses and veggies.
- 1 whole wheat English muffin, sliced in half
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon milk or water
- Sea salt
- Cooking oil spray, or 1 to 2 teaspoons butter/oil
- Several small slices of Monterey Jack cheese (or any other cheese, sliced/shredded/crumbled)
- Hot sauce (like Cholula)
- 1/2 avocado, mashed
- Sliced red onion
- Small handful arugula or sprouts
- Sliced tomato or roasted red pepper
- Thinly sliced cucumber
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 12mins
Adapted from cookieandkate.com
Toast your sliced muffin.
Heat a 9 to 10-inch non-stick skillet or well-seasoned cast iron skillet over medium.
Mix the egg with the milk/water and a pinch of salt.
Once the skillet is hot, spray it with an ample amount of cooking spray (or melt butter in the pan or brush it with oil). Pour in the scrambled egg and immediately swirl the egg in the bottom of the pan to make an even layer, like you would for a crepe. Immediately place your cheese in the center of the egg. Add a few dashes of hot sauce. Once the egg is set enough to fold over onto itself with a spatula (this could take 30 seconds to 1 minute), fold each side over the middle until you have a cute little egg and cheese envelope. Let it cook for another 30 seconds, then transfer it to a plate.
Top each toast half with avocado. Place the cooked egg on one side. Top with cucumber, tomato, arugula, red onion and top with your other piece of toast.
You'll also love
- Herb Crusted Prime Rib Roast 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Speķa Pīrāgi (Bacon Turnovers) 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Broccoli Cheese Quiche 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Coconut Curry Chicken 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Overnight Blueberry Coffee Cake 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Texas Sheet Cake 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Herbed Bagel Chips 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Beef Stew 4.4/5 (12 Votes)