Fresh and easy to make.
- 1 package ramen noodles, crushed, flavor packet discarded
- 1/4 cup almonds, sliced
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup (1/2-stick) butter, melted
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed and dried
- 1 (5-ounce) bag baby spinach
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup Parmesan, grated
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
In a small bowl, mix the ramen noodles, almonds, sunflower seeds and melted butter. Transfer to a baking sheet and toast in the oven, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
Tear the lettuce and combine with the spinach, strawberries and cheese in a large salad bowl.
Dissolve the sugar in the vinegar. Combine the oil, paprika, salt and garlic and then add to the sugar-vinegar mixture. Mix well and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Just before serving, sprinkle the crunchy topping over the salad green and toss the salad with enough dressing to coat the greens.
You'll also love
- Fiery Shrimp Quesadillas 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Caramelized Brussels Sprouts with... 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Fettuccine with Mushrooms 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Date Bars 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Pomegranate Avocado Salad 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Berry Crumble 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Perfect Strawberry Margarita 4.2/5 (16 Votes)
- Cinnamon Strawberry Quinoa 4.4/5 (12 Votes)